GYMC15 - Global Challenges Youth Music Contest 2015 - Call for MusicSubmit Your Music Video Clip on"Youth and Climate Change Action"and win a trip to Paris
Submission Phase starting on International Youth Day 2015 - 12 August 2015
#GYMC15 - Concours de Musique pour les Jeunes sur les Défis Mondiaux 2015 - Appel à Musique
Soumettez votre Musique vidéo sur la
Jeunesse et le Changement Climatique et gagnez un voyage à Paris
The Global Challenges Youth Music Contest (GYMC) is an online music video competition for young people organized by International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches (IAAI), a Civil Society Organization based in Klagenfurt/Austria in cooperation with UNESCO Management of Social Transformation (MOST) programme,UNFCCC Climate Secretariat, the WorldWeWant2015 platform and other partners.
The overall objective of the Global Challenges Youth Music Contest is to use the power of music to promote the understanding of the importance of global challenges - like e.g.climate change - for every global citizen and to engage young people in activities that contribute to global and local public good in the context of goals and programs of United Nations system.
With the 2015 edition of Global Challenges Youth Music Contest (#GYMC15) the organizers aim to
- Communicate the topics of the World Climate Conference UNFCCC COP21 which will be held in Paris in December 2015 to young people through peer communication (= “informal global citizenship education”)
- Create and spread positive messages about youth led climate action
- Promote low-carbon lifestyles and ‚think global – act local‘ values and action
- Show to policymakers that young people demand strong global cooperation and bold action on climate change
The 2015 Global Challenges Youth Music Contest consists of 2 main parts:
- the online competition which will identify 3 finalists and
- the GYMC climate change edutainment TV Show (which will be held during COP21 at UNESCO Headquarters and will be globally broadcasted in cooperation with strong media partners) in which the GYMC15 overall winner will be identified through live on-site and online voting
GYMC15 has been certified by the authorities of COP21 host country France as a 'COP21 certified project' which is authorised to use the official COP21 logo.
GYMC15 upload phase starts on International Youth Day 2015 which has the theme "Youth Civic Engagement" - a topic that is very close to the goals of GYMC15.
"More efforts are needed to raise awareness about the importance of youth civic engagement and its benefits to the individual and to society, including for sustainable development as well as resilience and wellbeing. The International Youth Day 2015 campaign aims at promoting civic engagement and participation of youth in politics and public life, so that young people can be empowered and bring a full contribution to society, development and peace. You can be part of these efforts!" http://undesadspd.org/Youth/InternationalYouthDay/2015.aspx
- GYMC15 Call for Music http://www.glocha.info/index.php/latest-news/271-gymc15cfm
- GYMC Upload platform: https://www.wishpond.com/lp/939888/reference
- GYMC15 Call for Music Flyer (in English): http://www.glocha.info/attachments/article/271/Call4Music_GYMC15_COP21_en_vers08Aug.pdf
- GYMC15 Appel à Musique (Française): http://www.glocha.info/attachments/article/271/Call4Music_GYMC15_COP21_fr.pdf - follow hashtag #GYMC15
Miroslav Polzer, Secretary General
International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges IAAI
www.glocha.info; email@example.com; Tel.: +43 (0) 664 4203648 (mob/Austria); twitter: @glocha_mp;